Friday, June 11, 2010

Ruffle flowers

My mom made this long sleeve T-shirt for little D, I think it's too plain ( oh I forgot to take the before picture ) I decided to make it prettier with this flowers.

This flowers are made from some strips. I gathered the strips to make ruffle strips, and then I sew them by hand to the T-shirt.  The ruffle attached to the T-shirt following spiral imaginary pattern.
The leaves are made from felt. Attached to the T-shirt with embroidery floss. This kind of stitch is called basting stitch.
The stem made with stem stitch.
Oh.. T-shirt and flowers are knit fabrics.
This T-shirt is still a little too big for my daughter, so I just put it in the wardrobe. Maybe in a couple of months it will be wearable.
I enter this T-shirt to Trimmed with love contest.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails